CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, March 5, 2010

That's what they mean when they say, "Morning Sickness" . . .

Over the past several days, I had been getting used to the near-constant companionship of my new friends Queasy and Nausea.

Yesterday, however, they introduced me to their well-known associate Morning Sickness.  We did not get along at all. 

In fact, I fought my first battle against Morning Sickness yesterday. 


I lost.


Today, saltines and ginger ale notwithstanding, I was forced to surrender, yet again.  And I'm certain it will not be the last time.


Does anyone know any other tricks or foods that combat Morning Sickness??

2 comments:

Brina said...

I could write a book on the topic! The hardest thing about morning sickness for me was that what worked one day, wouldn't work the next, so it was kinda a battle of trial and error. Here is my list of favorite morning sickness foods...
-Water (keeping even a sip of water in my stomach was sometimes enough to get me out of bed).
-Salty (saltines, Pringles and any other cracker that sounds good at the time)
-Protein (cheese, milk, yogurt...it is rare that these things will actually sound good enough to eat, but if you can stomach them, they tend to help curb the nausea for the longest amount of time...even if it is just twenty minutes or so).
-Work. Keep busy! If I could keep my mind off of my discomfort, it was a huge help.
-Eat all the time. Avoid eating large meals, rather make sure that you are constantly chewing something. The nausea seems to be worse when I have waited to long or just put off the unpleasantness of food to the point that my tank was empty.
-Forget the rules...sort of. I asked my doctor during my first pregnancy which is worse, eating nothing or eating donuts. He told me that obviously it is best to eat well, but when it comes down to it, eating something is better than eating nothing. So if that Chinese MSG loaded take-out sounds good to you, go for it. Your kid will take what he needs and you can think about eating a balanced diet in month 4, 5, 6 or 9. Whenever you start feeling like food could be your friend again.

These are just my tips and I know that morning sickness is different for everybody. Hopefully something I mentioned will work! Good Luck!
P.S. It's worth it.

So-So Artist said...

HI! I'm so happy to hear your'e preggos.

BTW there are lollipops for pregnant women, they used to sell them at Motherhood Maternity, that are supposed to be for the nausea. I never tried them, though. There are also ginger 'candies' in stores like whole food types and such, I'm not much a fan of those either. Didn't Gingerale or somebody come out with a commercial saying they now have some kind with real ginger in it? did you know that gingerale really is just flavoring? HA! F'ers. Love ya girl!