At 6:45 last night ... exactly one week (to the minute) from the time Sophia was born ... we took her out of the St. Mark's NICU.
It was a stressful 50 minute drive home, but Sophia did great and slept the whole way.
We are so happy and thankful to have her home already. Thank you to all of our family, friends, and family-friends for your prayers and well-wishes on our behalf.
Sophia is doing very well at home. She's eating better than she did in the NICU, and we have her on the same feeding schedule - every three hours. Many preemies have to be woken up to feed that often, but not our little So-So. She knows when it's time to eat!
We've established our own little NICU in our basement apartment. We limit visitors and enforce strict handwashing policies. Hopefully after a few months when she's bigger and stronger we'll be able to invite people over to see her and hold her. But for now, we have to limit even how much we hold her because even being held is stimulation for a preemie. And if she's getting stimulation, then she can't grow as quickly.
However, I promise to post pictures and video as often as I can, so check back periodically!
Fifteen
7 months ago

3 comments:
We are so happy for you! I can only imagine how blessed you feel to have your little angel home. Give her a little squeeze for us when you hold her and I can't wait to see some more pictures :-)
Congratulations you guys. We are all so glad that things are going as well as could be expected and that you are all home together now. The pictures you posted are adorable. What a blessing! Take care!
Yay! I'm so glad Sophia is home! I need to call you! I remember driving Jenna home from the NICU. I sat in the back with her and watched her the whole way. I remember it was snowing when we brought her home and I was so worried. Anyway! I can't wait to meet Sophia! Congrats to you guys!
Post a Comment