CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, February 10, 2011

Sophia's First Laugh

Last Friday, Danny and I were sitting on the couch playing with Sophia and she was in a very good mood.  I started bouncing her and then all of a sudden, she laughed.  It was the most amazing, magical sound!  And what was even more amazing was that Danny was home to hear it too.  I kept bouncing her and more and more giggles bubbled out.  Being a mom is tough, but it's perfect little moments like that that make all the hard work and sacrifice more than worth it.

Other than laughing, Sophia's pastimes include drooling, rolling over, speaking in unintelligible syllables, and trying to sit on her own.  From this list you might conclude that she is a puppy ... but you'd be wrong.  She is an adorable little baby girl, and I have the pictures to prove it:


Drooling...


 The next series of pictures are blurry because she was rolling over when I wanted her to stay still...



"Here I go!"

"Are you watching me, mommy?"


"Picking up momentum now..."


"Did you see how fast I rolled?" 



Trying to sit up



It's no small feat for Sophia to lift her head like this...
imagine if your head were 1/3 of your body weight!






This is Sophia's preferred method of sleeping:
In my arms.

And while it prevents me from getting very much done,
I love what a cuddlebug she is.
Because, as I often remind myself,
she's growing so quickly;
soon enough she'll be
too big
to sleep
in her mommy's arms.


1 comments:

Rachel said...

Sophia is just darling! I love her big eyes and beautiful eyelashes! Thanks for the pictures. We miss you guys!