For starters, we LOVE living in Vernal. I absolutely love our house - it's perfect for us - perfect size, perfect mortgage payment, and great neighbors. Now that Sophia and I can get out, we are meeting more and more people in our neighborhood, especially other stay-at-home moms. It's SO fun for me to be making friends with women in my same stage of life. And I love that Sophia is able to socialize with other children - especially after spending the first seven months of her life with mainly just her mommy and daddy.
Secondly, Danny loves his job and is great at it. We live a few blocks from his office, so his commute is about 90 seconds long. He is in court often and is getting wonderful courtroom experience. Sophia and I saw him in court last week - he's such a professional! Here's a pic of Sophia and Danny outside the courthouse:
And yes, spring has finally come to Vernal!
We are loving the green grass and the blossoms on the trees.
We have also joined a few social groups in Vernal. Firstly, Sophia and I go to "Wiggles-n-Giggles" on Monday mornings. It's a playgroup/storytime group where kids can sing, dance, interact, and listen to stories. Sophia has a friend named Haley who is three years old. They are mutually fascinated with one another as they are both only children.The second group we have joined is the Uintah Basin Writers' Group. Danny was the impetus for us to join this one, but I'm glad that I'm a part of it. Mostly, it's older women, so Danny and I bring a little variety to the group. Also, in the past they haven't been very organized or visible on the web, so Danny and I jumped in and created a blog for the group. Here's a link to the blog for anyone interested:
http://uintahbasinwritersgroup.blogspot.com/
Overall, we are having a great time in Vernal and we would love to have people come out to visit us!
In other news, we think Sophia is just getting cuter and cuter!!
On a walk:
(One other thing I love about Vernal is how close everything is ...
we walk almost everywhere!)
Just chillin' in denim and a lace tutu:

2 comments:
I love that picture of Sophia and Danny! I like Danny's hat too! Great posts. I'm glad you guys have found some social groups to join. Jenna has been doing a swim class and she loves it! It's nice to know a variety of people.
Hi Brenda, didn't realize yal' had moved until recently I asked about you and heard you'd moved? Is Vernal in CA? yal are looking good, sounding happy and I'm happy for all of you. Davina "so-so artist" on this blog site. :)
Post a Comment