And now that I've done a bit of online shopping, we are READY (well, as ready as we can be...) for Sofia.
The logistics of the shower were good too, because all I had to do was walk upstairs and sit in my dad's recliner. Then people brought me presents and food!
Here are some pictures from the shower. Now I'm wishing that we would have taken fewer pictures of the presents and more pictures of the people who came ...
These were some really cute receiving blankets and matching burp cloths,
hand-made by our former next-door neighbor, Lori Edwards.
This is me making my "excited to open another present face."
I really was that excited.
I love presents!
And the contents of the above bag:
Thanks to Rachel for all those super items, including a nursing stool and extra boppy cover!
(But what happened to my eyes and forehead?)
This item was given to me from my sister-in-law Carolyn and her family:
It's an infant car seat cover that will keep Sofia nice and toasty warm during the cold winther months.
And that, my friends, is the end of the pictures from my baby shower.
I think Danny left to watch the BYU game with my dad or something.
But here's another item I received that I'm SUPER excited about.
I only have a picture because it's from my online registry:
SO CUTE!!
My mother-in-law Teddi was so generous to buy us this travel system.
My little sis Jessica even put the stroller together for us!
(And it seems to be working just fine...)
I know the pink is frivolous, and I probably should have gone with a neutral color, but ...
Sofia is our little princess ....
... and a princess deserves to have pretty pink things ...
... even if she's going to mess them up with spit-up and poop and all manner of messy things that babies do.
A few other things from my online registry that I'm really excited about:
The boppy nursing pillow:
Thanks to Terra for sending that to me!!
And this cute diaper bag:
from Stephanie, Valynn, and Kristi.
(It was a total surprise to see Steph and Valynn there - I had no idea they were coming!)
To everyone else who sent or gave gifts, I'm sorry I didn't get pictures of everything.
I promise to take lots of pictures of Sofia using, wearing, or enjoying the items you gave us,
and those pictures will be more interesting anyway.
Thank you again to everyone!!
I found out that my Aunt Darlene is a lactation consultant, and has been for the past 20 years! How did I not know this? I do not know. But I was so glad that she came because she answered so many questions I had about nursing.
Our friends from our former ward in Murray Mitzi Huff and her daughter Rosie came to the shower. Speaking of which, I knew I forgot a picture. Here is the blanket that they made for Sofia:
Anyway, in the course of conversation, it turns out that Mitzi knows and went to school with the judge that Danny is clerking for. Small world!
Other people that I loved seeing: Aunt Diane (came from Draper), Brina (came from Eagle Mountain AND is due to have her baby in just over two weeks), Linda (came from Salt Lake), the Allreds (came from Tremonton), Kiersten (came from down the street) :-), and Kristin and Matt (came from Murray).
Again, thanks to everyone who came -- it was so fun to see all of you there!




1 comments:
Yay for showers! I'm glad you got some great stuff! It was great seeing and hanging out with you 2.
Post a Comment