We had another non-stress test today. Sofia's heart rate is looking good and normal.
We also had an ultrasound today.
Our last biophysical ultrasound was about three weeks ago.
At that ultrasound,
they estimated that Sofia weighed
about 3 lbs. 7 oz,
or about the 28th percentile.
Today, they estimated that she weighs
only 3 lbs. 14 oz.,
or about the 7th percentile.
For some reason, Sofia's growth has dramatically slowed.
When she should have been gaining about 8 oz. per week,
she gained 7 oz. in three weeks!
Fortunately,
her movement is still good,
her heart rate is good,
the blood flow through the umbilical cord is good.
What does this all mean??
Well, I still need to complete another 24-hour urine collection test for protein in my urine.
If there is protein in my urine, that means that my blood pressure is affecting my kidneys.
And if that is the case, then they will induce me.
Soon.
Like, in the next couple of days.
If there isn't protein in my urine,
then I'll start having non-stress tests twice a week ...
and will probably be induced by or before October 1st.
Yikes.
Poor Sofia.
I wish she would just grow!
Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers!!
-B

7 comments:
Thanks for the update. (And I like getting the emails :) I send blessings, prayers, and good karma to your kidneys to filter well and to your small child to pork up a little. Things will work out.
sorry to hear that. Well, she should be about done anyhoo. :) Babies do fine coming a bit early. Thinking of you.
Hi Brenda!
We will keep you and Sophie in our prayers. We are so grateful for all the prayers and miraculous blessings that surrounded Jenna's birth for both Michelle and Jenna . . . I am certain you are in good hands and you have many prayers being offered on your behalf! Hang in there and keep us posted. Love your favorite Aunt (Shelly)
brenda, thank u so much for the update. grandma teddi had actually already told me the latest. i think she is beginning to "pack some bags." so sorry to hear u have yet another concern. the good thing is by monday u will be 35 weeks ( i think) and that is a good place to be. it sounds like you have a very competent doctor who is following you very closely to ensure a healthy outcome for you and sofia. my thoughts, love, and prayers are with you, danny and our precious baby girl. auntie patti
Brenda- Did you know I work at St. Marks? I'm on the 3rd floor right across from high risk ob- is that where you are going? Danna
I love you Brenda. You are in our prayers. Preeclampsia is surely an awful beast. Just know that Jenna came home at 4 lbs and she did great. Sophia is almost to 4 and is at least 34 weeks. Hopefully she will do just fine. Know that you are in God's hands.
Good Luck Brenda! We will be praying for you!
Post a Comment