CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Sophia Marie



Sophia Marie Bokovoy

Born at St. Mark's Hospital in
Salt Lake City, Utah
on
Thursday, September 23, 2010 at 6:45 pm
3 pounds 14 ounces
16.5 inches

I'll post the whole story later, but I just wanted to get some pictures online.


Right after Sophia was born:
(yes, we decided to spell her name Sophia instead of Sofia)
Our first family photo!
(In the operating room)
I was able to see Sophia for just a few seconds
before they whisked her and Danny away to the Newborn Intensive Care Unit (NICU).


Sophia's first night...
Lots of wires and an IV in her head:


Here's a video ( 3 seconds) ... there's no sound.


Another video:
(couldn't get it to upload; check back later)


First night in her isolette in the NICU at St. Mark's Hospital:
Thursday
(Day #1)
Her hand is bruised from where they tried to give her an IV.
They couldn't get it in her hand, so they had to use a vein in her head.


Friday
(Day #2)
My first time holding Sophia
(I had to wait until Friday evening because I was on some powerful anti-seizure medication) 
It was miserable to have to wait until the next day to hold my little girl ...
But she was definitely worth the wait. 
Precious little baby!
We were quite the pair - I had an IV in my hand, and she had one in her head.
She also had a feeding tube up her nose;
she didn't need an oxygen mask or respirator though.


Saturday
(Day #3)
She doesn't like her feeding tube...


 Sunday
(Day #4)


 Monday
(Day #5)
No more feeding tube!
(She pulled it out herself)


Sophia in her isolette:

Snug as a bug!!


Daddy feeding Sophia 
It's hard to feed a baby behind an inch of plexi-glass.

 Tuesday
(Day #6)
Wearing clothes ... and in an open crib - you go girl!!



I took this next picture at a weird angle, but I love the face Sophia is making in it.

She's our sweet little angel baby
The wires that are coming out of little square stickers on her body
are the monitors that keep track of
her heart rate, oxygen saturation levels, and breathing rate.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Brenda! She is absolutely beautiful and she looks SO good being that early! I really haven't seen a prettier preemie! :) Good job, mama! Congratulations!

-Jess Robinson

Katie said...

Oh what a cutie! Congratulations! I'm so impressed that she is off a feeding tube already, and what a rockstar, not even needing oxygen. Here's hoping for a speedy journey home for you guys.
And by the way, Danny looks pretty comfy in that scrubs/hairnet getup. Maybe he should consider a switch, lawyer to doctor. It worked for the guy in Catch Me If You Can, right?

So-So Artist said...

She looks like a healthy sized baby, not at all like she came early. She's absolutely gorgeoufs. congratulations i'm so happy for ALL of you, i know that will be a very happy baby with you both as parents. Davina

Lisa Price said...

What a beautiful, precious, baby girl! I can't wait to meet my sweet little niece. Lauren also thinks that she is "so cute and precious!" and can't wait to meet her cousin. Our whole family is so happy for you guys and so glad that little Sophia is doing so well. We love you!!!

Michelle said...

Awh! Brenda! She is so beautiful. That post made me cry. What a miracle that she is doing so well and gets to come home soon. Sophia is lucky to have you two as parents!

Unknown said...

Wow, what a gorgeous little girl...fits right in our family: ) I am soooooo happy for both of you and so grateful she is doing so amazingly well. Yay Sophia! I can't wait to see her. She is absolutely beautiful, but of course she is, look at her parents. Lots of love and kisses,

Donna and family :)

Unknown said...

OMG!!! i absolutely loooove her! what a precious angel baby. she is amazingly adorable. i am thrilled for all of you. grandma also saw the pics and tried to comment, but she was not succeessful in her attempt.
she too was in awe of her. she said she kept looking, smiling and even laughing out loud with joy! we all love you guys and cant wait to cuddle baby sophia. hugs and kissses, patti and grandma

Holly said...

What an adorable little girl! I'm so happy for you guys. :)

Stephanie said...

I can't believe how alert and strong she looks for being such a tiny little angel! So precious! She seems like she's already got quite some personality in her to be pulling tubes and such! Love it, and love you! WAY TO GO!! We hope your recovery continues to go smoothly. *HUGS*!

Danna said...

I can attest- she is beautiful! Congrats! Danna

Kristin said...

Wow!!! She looks great! Can't wait to meet her. Welcome to the world Sophia!! Are you guys home yet?